About Me

My photo
A travel n gadget freak and @ the same time I try and make some Sense in the #Sensex

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Email in Indian languages


Email in Indian languages

3/30/2009 04:50:00 PM
It's hard for me to imagine going without email for a day. It's such an easy and convenient way to communicate with my friends and family. However, there was one limitation that bothered me: my family members and friends who prefer to communicate in Hindi did not have an easy way to type and send email in their language of choice. I am extremely happy to announce the launch of a new feature in Gmail that makes it easy to type email in Indian languages.

When you compose a new mail in Gmail, you should now see an icon with an Indian character, as the screenshot below shows. This feature is enabled by default for Gmail users in India. If you do not see this function enabled by default, you will need to go the "Settings" page and enable this option in the "Language" section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment