About Me

My photo
A travel n gadget freak and @ the same time I try and make some Sense in the #Sensex

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Life Then, Life Now



While I was travelling to work today morning in our very own Mumbai locals....sat by the window..staring at the life passing by...the 1/2 hr train journey got my mind in to many loops of thoughts. All about the Life today and life I lived 10 years back..

Now that I look back I get a thought that how did I survive a life without all the gadgets and luxury I have today. No doubt I was born with a golden spoon...but that never stopped me from enjoying the basics of life.. 

Those were the days when there were no mobiles but still all my friends knew my day plans and we used to meet so often though there weren't as many cafe's as there are today. Used to travel on my Kinetic or Bus or Trains...Life used to be a routine of college / work & classes... and still had time to call up friends and meet them. Clubbing over weekends...movies all weekends..life was never dull and never had a time to crib. Life was a complete fun. No tensions..beautiful relationships, amazing set of friends...No Face book ..no twitter and yet it was fun. All my friends knew where I am...how I am ...my holiday pictures are shared via actual albums..

Birthdays used to be fun.. giving treats with adjusting with the pocket money was awesome. Chipping in money for friends was fun. Watching Tv in those big and bulky tv....amazing episodes of Dekh Bhai Dekh and such ones..full of fun....wana hear music ..used to head to a store buy a cassette / CD and listen them in the walkman...

And now...hardly get time in life...a minute without the mobile is a feeling like getting a heart attack..cant even think of that..but I still talk less then the days when I dint have mobile..Used to play oodles of games and puzzles with family and friends..but now with the PSP I have..am just playing it all alone..which I have named it stress buster. Don't even know when I last visited a music store to buy a cd...all I do now is download and upload it on my Ipod Touch. With the LCDs and home theater systems..movies in theaters are rare now. Drive down to work...in the fancies of car and ac...that now even a day if I have to travel in train I am not so upbeat about it..Long distance train travel...which I used to enjoy is now more of a pain...and all I say is can't we just fly down there? 


I share my day plans, holiday plans..my mood swings all by tweeting and status messages...Other day a friend asked me where are you now and I replied "Din't you read my tweet or status message..am out on a holiday.." Aahh there were days I used to call up everyone and share my plans. 


Life has changed for good or bad don't know..without mobiles / laptops / ipods / psps / social networking sites ..life was awesome fun...din't have time to crib about life.. & now when I have all of these and much more..am cribbing more..carving for more. A day without any of these..is like a bad day for me. There are a millions of people who are not even lucky for a one time meal also and when I look at myself...why my mind is still wanting for more..


These gadget fancies are there to sort life...but I think my life is more unsorted now & guess its the same story for many of us..





5 Comments:

Binil said...

nice one..

Aarti said...

Good one.. Yep, we do kinda get hooked on these n let it run our lives, but i also believe life does exist beyond these gadgets[i make it a point to let it] :)

If one day they were all to disappear, yes, i would be distraught, but would also now i can reach out to my friends some way or the other!! there is this dear friend of mine in Bby[college friend] and we make it a point to write each other long letters even today, inspite of emails and everytime i see a letter from her, i just melt down ...

Similarly, i enjoy playing Uno, scrabble, PS2 with family n friends wenever they are over.. good fun.. my tech world just vanishes into thin air then...but yes, there are kids who insist on playing computer games.. oh well :D

Guess its all about how much we let it control our lives... :))

BUT... bottom line thanks to Technology we stay in touch, find people across boundries, people with whom we connect on various levels, people who we dint know existed!! :))

Disclamier: Wrote what came to my heart...so no offence to nobody..:))

Anonymous said...

try and spend a week away from technology, youll begin to get closer to all your closed ones.

Jay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pegasus said...

Tech is an enabler...at least was made for that reason....but it has made us more insular. We need to be disciplined whilst using and depending on Tech gadgets...but also need to get used to having no gadgets..no electricity !

Our lives now revolve around electricity...so perhaps regular jaunts away from this world into nature's lap would help us stay firm on our feet.

Cheers !

Aditya

Post a Comment