About Me

My photo
A travel n gadget freak and @ the same time I try and make some Sense in the #Sensex

Monday, April 12, 2010

Me & My Berry Experience...


Always been a very much of a gadget freak. Loved gizmos being around me. Initially the days when I wasnt earning that well, I remember used to save up so much for a mobile phone..that happens to be back in 1998. The moment dad realized I was saving up for a handset..he went and got me one. My very 1st Nokia 3310 [ you guys even remember how it looked :) ] 

Here's a dekho :) 

I still remember that day, he was so happy seeing me happy. As I always say..I behave like a small kid being gifted lot of toys. 


The anxiety and desperation of using it & making the first call...the feeling was awesome. Something I cant even put in words. Slowly I carved for more gadgets and always kept saving for them. Mom used to get little angry on me...she would be like save and buy some jewelry which will help you in future and not these stupid gadgets. But a brat like me never could keep her words. The want for more gadgets went on from buying my 1st digital cam. It was an intel one which can be even used as a webcam. 






Days moved on and there came mobiles with color screen. I got so tempted to upgrade and blow up the few bucks I had saved till then. One day just went ahead told my dad...I have saved up some and want to buy the new Nokia 7650... I kind of freaked out on this handset. It had a Cam..I even activated Wap. So much fun was in store..

Over the years moved on to 6600, 7610, O2,  SE P900i, HTC touch, E71...wow now when I am mentioning them I realized how much I have spent :) But no regrets. Along with mobiles I moved on from Intel digi cam to Casio and now to a Sony cyber shot DSC H2 & how can I not mention the move from iPod 30g to iPod Touch 32g. Leave aside the series of lappies in between & the gaming gadgets. 

My last handset I miss a lot is my E71. Loved it like crazy...don't ask me what happened to it :(  it fell  into the water. I  miss it so much. Then got my self a N97...looked like a good handset to me but sigh after using it for a couple of months it went cracking down on me..esp when I am tweeting so much. Had trouble multitasking with the same. I felt it was time I need a back up phone. Kept contemplating as to which handset to pick up. Was not in favor of buying another expensive handset and let it go for a toss. And after using so many handsets I knew my hand wouldn't rest on a simple one. I dint want a iPhone coz I already had a iPod Touch. So left out was a Black Berry. 




A million thanks to my sweetest twitter friends :)) My BB gang @aaroo4 @glen_dsouza  @IndianThespian @MacDeepak @princess_aanch  @SridharSuresh   @twittsan    (don't fight now...just mentioned you all in handle alpha order :p )    They finally convinced me to buy a BB. Now which one..as I already had a N97...I settled in for BB 8520. 

So convinced I was while I picked it up and all the euphoria we had over twitter about be getting one and being amonsgt them made me buy it sooner.

Though the Vodafone guys messed it up and activated it like after 24 hours. But the wait was worth it. My tweepals were awesomely sweet when I got the BIS activated. Its still a secret as to who I added first :D (sshhh am not gonna spil the beans here ) . If it wasn't this BB gang (where I was the only one not having a BB) I might have just settled in for something else and wouldn't have realize the fun which I am having now with my BB. I almost had a sleepless night..waiting to wake up and use it more and more. As I learn more about it..its more fun. Still am a novice but am just on the verge of being a pro :D 

Now I have entered a new world, a BB world...An amazing for a brat gadget freak like me. All over again thanks to  My BB gang   @aaroo4   @glen_dsouza    @IndianThespian   @MacDeepak @princess_aanch    @SridharSuresh    @twittsan. 

Without you all this BB world wouldn't have been beautiful (too much I said na haha )

13 Comments:

Aarti said...

Whoaa, u sure been through quite a number of gadgets havent u!! :) but yes, the sweet taste of saving up and buying one is amazing, but even more amazing is when you get a gift totally unexpected :))

Welcome to the gang!! :)) and same pinch!!

Aarti said...

Just noticed u've also changed ur ipod here..hehe..same as mine except design is diff... :))

N.H.Sarja said...

Congrater for your new black berry.

Hey. Cool. we have similarity in mobile devices. I'm also a tech frek, as my cell phone model usage list is lengthy than yours. But, now I'm using N82, one of my most favourite one. Now a days I'm becoming interested in Black berry, but confused between E72.

Want to know your BB experience at your next post.

N.H.Sarja said...

That was congrats :-p

Kamal Sharma said...

Great post... Enjoy ur BB.. The day my E71 gives up on me... I'll be your newest addition to the gang of BB..!

Sridhar Suresh said...

Awesome post.. Yeah can see u r already a bb addict

Anonymous said...

Berry Berry Good :)

sangeeth said...

Hey lady...u can very well claim ur a GADGET CHIC told the world what a gr8 gadget freak u are...good post and thanks for the mention..:P hope all the companies whose products you laid your hands upon are happy that they have a good patron like you...hope ur patronage takes a halt here.. once again congrats!!!! u rock!!!

Imp's Mom said...

Wow! thats quite a list of gadgets :))

Congrats babe! :)

RAHUL K said...

Wow!
u're rich! lol
I like the layout of your blog ! :D

Sanjay Jain said...

Nice phone and Hats off to the person who invented Blackberry. all Nice features provided you use it.
Once you will get use to Blackberry you will not like any phone. Enjoy you Blackberry Experience and the brand lifestyle.

Dad said...

i am so happy to be stuck with my e71 :P

Nikhil B N said...

whoa...you've like seen and experienced all the cellphone models...from the primitive ones.
I also hope to buy a blackberry someday...do give frequent reviews abt ur bb experience.

Post a Comment