About Me

My photo
A travel n gadget freak and @ the same time I try and make some Sense in the #Sensex

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

All we do now is tweet - poke -ping




I remember a decade back when I was done with my graduation and GNIIT, Dad had promised me a desktop. After a lot of pleading and harassing him hehe…he got me one..some where in July.

I had this Techie / Gadget fever all life long. But the real fun started in life when I got earning well to manage my fever by myself J. I was completely glued to my new desktop. Got my self a 100 hrs account from MTNL ( gosh now am online 24/7 and still at times find it less). Within no time the hours were done. They dint come cheap. Plead a lot to dad for a recharge of the same & got thru.

Now when I look back a 100 hrs for some odd days and now being online over ISDN / Broadband lines for almost 24/7, kinda crazy. Those days when young used ICQ/ Hotmail / India times for chats / emails etc.. made some awesome friends with who am still in touch with..and slowly using India times  / ICQ became passé. Then came in MTNL broadband..awesome connectivity compared to those modem days. And came in Google..the mother of all. I really cant recollect a single day not using once also in a day..since I got familiar with it, be it on my lappie or mobile.

Soon the world got in to networking trend. Came in Orkut / Facebook..Orkut started loosing its fame since facebook tookover..Another heaps of networking sites came up.. I must have registered with so many..and now wont even remember the same. Face book helped me in connecting with so many old friends…and all my cousins with who I wouldn’t talk for days / years. Share thoughts / holiday plans and so much more. Kinda made me lazy as never landed up calling many of them. Just all I did was poked poked n pinged!!! Even on birthdays..all we do is post it on the wall..and am sure this is the story of us all in this era.

Throw in Twitter then…a 140 chrac tool has taken the world for a nice ride. Started with just few followers and in the run now I got odd 500. Am still not sure do I tweet sense…I wish Gm to almost all I know on twitter..but sadly I never wished like that to my parents / cousins…

Twitter is one place where friends are made not by the way they look and by their age …but by how their mindsets are, what they really think about anything in general. Made amazing contacts / well networked… A place to share happiness n sadness in just 140 charcs ..sometimes more faster then I would do with parents too.

The last decade has changed so much and so have we. We know and have networked with so many people…and wonder how many we really relate to, how many times we are real, how many times do we express real feelings. So many times when am sad too I still tweet happy stuff..and am sure many of us do that… I still wish to go back a few years where life was so different..As now most of the time we do is tweet..poke n ping……

















3 Comments:

Aarti said...

Know what, i have been planning on writing a post like this for a while.. maybe tonight will get around to it:))

but yes, times have changed
and we are more in tune with friends from across the globe than with our family... but hey,there are two sides to every coin right!! :)

Jay said...

A decade after graduation! That makes u 16 now!!! :)

Nicely written nostalgic piece!!!

Wish u would write regularly - i.e. a post a day at least!!!

Best wishes :)

Anonymous said...

Its really nice how these networking sites have bonded us together as a family.Though we all have never met each other,but still its nice when we share our joys,sorrows,success,failure. Certainly World has become a global village.

Post a Comment